Friday, September 11, 2009

13 Years and Counting

It's hard to believe that Chris and I have been married 13 years already. Sometimes I can't remember life without him, and other times it seems we are still newlyweds. He was so sweet and came home with a lei and roses. I had wanted to do something big like a helicopter ride, or dinner cruise (OK, I have been watching waaaay too much of the Bachelorette) but Chris convinced me to go low key since we had a trip planned to Maui the next week. Some friends watched the kids while we had dinner at Ko'Olina at sunset. It was beautiful and romantic, even with a baby in tow.13 years ago, I don't think I could have imagined our life now. It's better than I ever dreamed, and so much of that is due to Chris. He is a good husband, father, provider, and priesthood holder. He is my best friend. Babe ~ here's to growing old together.

4 comments:

Clore said...

congrats on 13 years!!!!

Brian and Becky said...

Oh, so cute! I can't believe it's been that long! Can't wait to see pics from Maui!

Heather said...

Wow! You guys are old!!!! :) You said it all though, marriage is so good. It is amazing how fast time flies. xander just had his 10th birthday and my first thought was, "in ten more years, he'll be on a mission and out of the house. I don't have much time left!!!"

Mills Family said...

Congrats on 13 years together. Good job Chris. Way to spoil your wife.