Friday, October 16, 2009

I Miss Fall

These past couple of weeks have just felt a little "off." It was something I couldn't quite put my finger on. One day I finally realized what it is: I am missing fall. When this time of year rolls around I have a natural instinct to put on some jeans and sweaters, cook hearty, warm meals, and go to bed a little earlier. I put my fall decorations up to alleviate the longing a little, but it's hard to get into the mood with 85 degree sunny weather. Hawaii is mostly summer year round, but during the winter months it feels like spring with all the rain. Winter is a season I can definitely live completely without, but I am really missing fall.
Corynn, me, and Dallin at the Pumpkin Patch in Marble Falls, TX in Fall of '05Corynn, Grandma Carol, and Dallin at a lake in North Carolina in the fall of '04. Here we are raking our front lawn in North Carolina in the fall of '03. The falls were so beautiful there!
After browsing for some fall pictures, and noticing how few I have, I've come to realize that I have taken seasons for granted. When we move back to the mainland I will be sure to stop and appreciate ALL the seasons a bit more. Have a happy fall y'all - because I sure won't!

6 comments:

Clore said...

Man..I think I am the other way around... I am already missing summer:-) I love Corynn's Hair Cut in the first pics

Mills Family said...

We have been missing Fall too! It finally arrived today. We were all bundled up.

Yeah...Hawaii is not the place to live if one wants to enjoy the four seasons. When you are feeling blue go look at those beautiful sunset pictures Chris took or better yet go outside and look at your million dollar view and think "ah this is why we live in Hawaii!".

ColeFamily said...

No fall for me either. We often go to the mountains about 2 hours from here to see leaves changing colors. In the desert the flowers are still blooming and we are getting ready to plant our winter grass. Yesterday it was 99 degrees!

Heather said...

That is funny! Ryan checks the weather everyday on his new iphone and says, "its 83 degrees in Hawaii." Every morning it is the same. I do have to agree with you, fall is such a wonderful time of year and we are really LOVING the 4 seasons again. We've already had two snow storms. No more Halloween Michael Phelps costumes!

Betsy said...

I am missing Hawaii today and all the kids. I feel lonely when I can't see you for several months. Love all your cute pictures of the kids ets. Love Mom Lambert

Andrea said...

That is one of the reasons I have hard time with Texas, I guess it is a good thing I have been able to come home every other year. I look forward to having all four season again someday, with my husband here!