Monday, September 27, 2010

Corynn Goes to Utah

Since Corynn has started Middle School she is on a track system, which means she gets big chunks of time off throughout the year. Well, for her break in September we decided to let Corynn go to Utah for 2 1/2 weeks (after much begging and pleading from both Corynn and Grandma Lambert) to visit family. It was hard to watch my little girl fly off across the Pacific Ocean all by herself. Armed with a cell phone and an unaccompanied minor pin, she was off. Everything went smoothly. All my worrying was for nothing.
She wanted to surprise her cousin Julia, who is her closest cousin in age. They went to Los Hermanos to celebrate Julia's birthday. Aunt Melanie has this cute dog named Dexter. Corynn was in pet heaven with Dexter and Grandma's cats, Callie and Blackie.
Corynn was able to attend her oldest cousin's wedding. Congrats to Tysen and Mandy. Here she is with a few of her younger cousins - Brenden, Julia, Paige, Makaya, and Collin. Grandma and Grandpa Lambert loved taking Corynn on Jeep rides up to the canyon. Here they are with Julia at Kennecott Copper Mines. Waiting at the airport to fly home.
I told Corynn that this trip was such a "growing-up" experience; not only for her, but for me too. It made me realize that my little girl is growing up. She is getting more independent and is growing into a fine young lady.

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

So glad Corynn came out it was so fun to be with her. She is growing up.

Heather said...

you are so brave! I know the day is going to come when it will be so much easier to just throw the boys on the plane than to pack myself and all the other little ones up and go all together. What a treat for Corynn.

Andrea said...

She looked like she enjoyed herself, and had no fear!
It would be hard to watch Chloe go, my anxiety level would have been through the roof. All for nothing I am sure, just like you said;)