Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Best Buds

With Corynn and Dallin going back to school tomorrow, I've been reflecting on this long Christmas break we've had. I LOVE it that my kids are each other's best friends. I remember growing up I didn't really get along with my brothers (I'm really sorry guys!), but sought out friends in the neighborhood every chance I got. Don't get me wrong, my kids have outside friends too, but they are just as content with each other as with anyone else. I love to listen to their imaginary play, making up songs and stories, giggling, and even resolving a conflict. During this whole break they have even been sleeping in the same room. They got out a tent that Uncle Phil an Aunt Juli gave them a few years ago for Christmas, and had a week long "camp-out" in Corynn's room.
Even watching them play video games is fun. They encourage each other, cooperate, and (mostly) can resolve a fight without Mom's intervention.
I took the kids to the zoo with our ward's playgroup last week. Sadly, I hardly took any pictures at all! What is wrong with me? Chris teased me that I could be the penguin exhibit; I was wearing a black shirt, have a big tummy, and I waddle. Ha, ha. Very Funny. The kids had fun though.
I am such a lucky mom who gets to raise these two great kids. I know over the years their bond will only strengthen. As much as I fought with my brothers, I love them so much now. I wish I had started out with a friendship like the one my kids have.

1 comment:

Heather said...

we like mariokart at our house too!!