Saturday, March 7, 2009

Baby Masen Arrives

On Saturday, March 7, 2009, Masen finally decided to make his debut. Friday night at 10:30 my water broke, so we raced to the hospital, with contractions only 2-3 mins. apart. We made it there by 11:30, after dropping off Corynn and Dallin at some friends house. They were quick to get me an epidural because the contractions were so close, but once in place, my contractions slowed down. It was OK with me though, because Chris and I were able to get a few hours of rest (not really sleep:) At about 6:30 a.m. they checked me, and lo and behold there was his little head (have I mentioned how much I LOVE epidurals?). He was born pretty quick, and there were a few tense moments afterwards. He was a little tangled in his cord, and not breathing because of all the amniotic fluid in his mouth and throat. My Dr. had to hurry and cut the cord to get him over to the station to get him breathing. Even though Chris didn't get to cut the cord, I was relieved to hear his first cry. When they gave him to me, my first thought was how much he looked like Corynn when she was born, and my second thought was how quiet and subdued he was like when Dallin was born.
Masen, just a few minutes old, being measured and weighed. He weighed 8 lbs. 15.8 oz (we call him a 9 pounder), and 21 inches long. He was born at 6:37 a.m. Mom meeting Masen for the first time.Lynn, calling Grandmas and Grandpas to share the good news.
After they moved me to my recovery room, Chris went home to pick up the kids,take a quick nap, shower, and then came back to visit for the evening. Corynn and Dallin are so in love with their new baby brother.

8 comments:

Mills Family said...

Masen is so precious. We are so grateful that he arrived safe and sound and that the Dr. was able to act fast and get him breathing. I have been dying to hear the details. Kiss Masen for us. We can't wait to meet him this summer!

Andrea said...

Congratulations, He is such a handsome little guy!
I am glad everything turned out okay with him, that can be scary.
I love Epidurals too!

Jenni said...

Congratulations!! What a cutie!

Lisa said...

he's beautiful! 9lb babies always look so much more like "babies" don't they? Although you weren't probably thinking about that while waiting for him to come! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats sis! Mom said that she can't come out too soon- maybe I'll use the ticket instead!!! I'm quitting school this semester to come see you! Not really... blast!

It snowed 4 inches here this week.

Rachel said...

He is so beautiful-it is delightful to see how happy the whole family is to have him here! Love you guys!

Becky said...

I went on vacation and you had him!!! Congratulations- he is so beautiful!!! Sounds like a dream delivery. Enjoy him and stare at him all day long.

~ Joy ~ said...

The picture of you and Masen 'meeting for the first time' is just amazing. He's so alert and healthy. Congratulations again!!