Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Portraits

OK, so I'm really late on getting Masen's pictures taken for his announcements. I decided to get all the kids' pictures taken together in their Easter outfits, along with Masen's one month old pictures. I haven't found a good photographer here in Hawaii, so I just went to Sears (there's my first mistake). I was so disappointed with how they turned out. I guess I'm just used to the mainland kids studios; I LOVE Kiddie Kandids, and The Picture People. At least I got the disc so I can TRY to Photoshop the images. I am new at Photoshop, so we'll see how far I get. This picture was cropped (totally off center). Couldn't she get the baby even looking in the right direction? And she would only take one picture of each pose, so if it didn't turn out...too bad.This picture I Photoshopped. It was totally off center, and the light was so bright. If anyone knows how to make a picture look "foggy" in Photoshop CS3, PLEASE let me know how!Cropped again. SOOOO off center.I had to zoom in a little on this one. I guess I should have specified I wanted a close up.Notice the foot hanging out of the basket? It's little things like these, that drive me NUTS!This one was probably the worst of the bunch. It would have turned out cute, but Masen is crying. How do you Photoshop this? I think I'll just have to chuck it.Corynn's and Dallin's individual pictures turned out good. Maybe the photographer just didn't work well with babies? Next time, I'm hiring a REAL professional. Anyone have any recommendations?

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I used to get the kids birthdays done at Sears and had the same issues...do they ever zoom in? Being overseas, and having even that taken away...I've learned to do alot myself. I'll probably never go back...and there's always someone in the ward that can do better...

Parks' Place said...

Baby Masen is adorable and I LOVE all that hair! I'm sorry about the frustation with Sears, Jake and I also learned our lesson with them. The fact that you have darn good-looking kids makes up for it though!

Rachel said...

I just love Masen's hair. He is so cute, sorry about the pics. I know how much you love good pics of your kids! I agree with Lisa, we either did w/o or found someone int he ward. I am so spoiled to have a good friend from Germany who now lives in WA that takes pics. IT's a drive but so worth it!

Lewis Family said...

Masen's hair rocks!! love it! I have a good friend in Utah who does Awesome pictures, just in case you are there any time soon. Here is a link to her blog www.bishopimages.blogspot.com

Becky said...

I think the pictures turned out great- even the crying one! You are being way too critical. Your kids are beautiful, the outfits are awesome, and hooray for you that you got easter pictures!!!

Andrea said...

Masen is such a cutie, I just can't get over all his hair. Do you think he will lose it?
Your kids look so cute in those pics, and I am sorry for your ordeal with the photographer, better luck next time.
Let me know when you will be visiting Utah again, I would love to see you and do lunch or something fun!

Anonymous said...

Lynn, first off congratulations on the birth of little Masen. Sorry that we didn't send out our best wishes earlier, but we do visit your blogs often to see how you are all doing. Looks like Hawaii is treating you all well! Just quick, send me an email at phillips1506@comcast.net so that I can send you an invite to our blog. We were going to leave it open initially, but we have had some weird cyber-stalkers in the past. This is turning into a novel. Send an email
take care.

Heather said...

Argh! I finally told Ryan after being frugal on pictures for the last 9 years that I was going to hire out a real photographer. I totally know what you mean about the Sears/JcPenney people off centering all the pictures. But, what do you do when there's nothing else around? But your kids are adorable so no matter how bad the photographer is, the pictures would turn out.

Mills Family said...

Love the pics! I love the one with Mason crying and the look on Dallin's face like "mom don't worry I've got this." Beautiful kids. They take after their aunt Jenny. Oh that's me! 8)