Saturday, May 30, 2009

Family Beach Day

A couple of week-ends ago, our family decided to have a beach day. Masen had done so well at the Ko'Olina Lagoons when I went with my friend Shelly, I was able to convince Chris he was ready for the beach. So, we loaded up the van and headed to the North Shore. Corynn and Dallin were so excited. It had been a while since we have been to a beach with waves where they could boogie board.

Masen did so good. We slathered him up in his baby sunscreen with SPF 50, put on his rash guard, trunks and hat. He was so cute in his little outfit. We took him out for his first dip in the ocean. The water was a little cold at first, but we got used to it pretty quick.
After playing for a little while, Masen and I were sitting on a lounge chair, under the umbrella, and I had this surreal feeling wash over me. I was just sitting there listening to the waves crash, and the children laugh, looking at the beautiful scenery, and I had this feeling like I had been dropped into the middle of a commercial. Is this really my life? I snapped this picture to remind me of the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynn, I'm so happy you're finally starting to love Hawaii. I mean, I'm still insanely jealous (not insane enough to buy a ticket yet), but it's just a little calming to hear you finally not talk about paradise as though it's torture while I'm sitting in a May snowstorm in Logan- not to say I don't love Logan because I do... but the winters are too long.

Becky said...

I love when that feeling comes over me! Thanks for sharing that- your kids are adorable. Soak up every experience there in Hawaii- it's amazing that you get to live there!