Saturday, April 3, 2010

Birthdays, Birthdays, and more Birthdays

Since 4 of the 5 members of our family have a birthday this month, we have our own form of March Madness. We go birthday crazy! Here is Corynn with her BFF Mya over for a small family party. If you can't count all the candles, there are 11 of them! She is growing up way too fast. Dallin turned 9 the same week.
Dallin is at that hard age to buy presents for. He is getting too old for toys, but not yet old enough for sophisticated electronics. After much agonizing, Chris finally caved and agreed to get him a Rip Stick. Since neither one got a birthday party last year (I had just had Masen) we went all out this year. We had a combined party at the beach. We had about 20 kids show up, along with many of their parents. I was a little worried about supervising so many kids at a public beach, but with the help of so many parents it all ended up OK. I was too busy with the party to get very many pictures. Here we are setting up.I am sad to say I didn't get ANY pictures of the kids swimming and at the beach. Oh well. Maybe next time. They loved spending time with so many of their friends. They each received many nice gifts, and lots of gift cards. In fact they each got enough gift cards to get the ONE thing they wanted that Chris and I refused to get them...Corynn got an iTouch, and Dallin got a new DSi. They had a VERY Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I am finally catching up on reading blogs today. Wow your trip to the big island looks fabulous! I love that you posted so many pictures so I can live vicariously through your photos. And birthday bashes galore, holy cow! Carynn looks almost as dark as Mya in that picture. You have such a beautiful family! We miss you guys!

Serena said...

so phil gave me a pda and we have an internet plan so I'm back in touch with the rest of the world! Looks really fun! What' s an itouch and what's that other thing dallin got? Anyways, talk to ya later!

Mills Family said...

Wow! What a perfect way to celebrate a birthday at the beach in Hawaii. Happy birthday Dallin and Corynn. Glad you got EVERYTHING you wanted! You deserve it!

Andrea said...

That is one b-day party that they will both remember! What an awesome way to celebrate:)

Heather said...

Crazy how time flies!!!! Corynn and Xander are going to be teenagers soon. 9 more years and Dallin and Brandt will be graduating high school and leaving on missions. So much fun. I am jealous that you are the achievement days leader. I think that would be the funnest calling in the church. Maybe its just my overwhelming desire to do something girly once in a while.