Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pinkwood Derby!

As the Activity Days leader in my ward, I thought it would be fun for the girls to crash the Boy Scout's Pinewood Derby, and have a Pinkwood Derby. I had no idea what a hit it would be. We had 2-3 times more girls than boys.
Here is Chris and our brother-in-law Scott working on Corynn's car the night before. I made these cute cupcakes with racing flags.
Here are the girls setting up. My good friend Kelli helped with certificates and awards. She set up this voting station for each girl to vote on things like The Sportiest Car, the Most Creative Car, and the Most Sparkly Car. Amazingly she came up with 17 awards.
Corynn's car is the red one with the black stripe. She won her first heat, but lost in the second round.
Here are all 17 of my girls with their cars. What a spectacular group they are.
I am so thankful for my calling. It really is the best calling in the whole church. I just love all these cute girls. I told them to start getting ready for next year, because I think we are going to make this our annual tradition.

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

What a super cute idea! That is so funny that you had more girls than boys show up. Looks like Scott and Chris had fun working on Corynne's car!

Anonymous said...

Sounds Fun!

Andrea said...

Looks like fun, do we have girls scouts here for our church?