Thursday, February 16, 2012

Building Our New House

For those of you who know about my childhood, you know that in my family we always built our own houses. About every 2 years we would finish building a house, then move, only to start building again. I am so blessed to be married to a man who will hire someone else to build our house :) It really was a fun, yet stressful experience, especially because when they started building we were still living in Hawaii. We signed the contract on March 8th, they broke ground May 17th, and we closed on Sept. 22th. We were so excited for our dream home!




Our first stop once arriving in Colorado Springs was at our home, still under construction.
Over the next few months we visited our house almost daily. It was so fun seeing all the things Chris and I had picked out months before, come to life.


I was so excited once they started putting the stone on the outside. I'm sure the masonry guys thought I was stalking them because I just parked across the street and watched them work for like an hour.




Here we are the day of our first walk-through, a week before closing.
Kitchen
Formal Great Room

Master Bath
Basement Wet Bar
Basement Rec Room
Jr. Master Bath
Kitchen (again)

Eat-in-Kitchen w/ double sided fireplace
Family Room (I LOVE, LOVE the ceiling)
Wallets empty, and keys in hand, we now OWN this beautiful home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww. It’s so nice to see how the house construction from beginning to end. I can see that you used wood in the majority of your house’s interiors. Hmm. Wood really exudes comfort. Also, when it comes to its quality, it can be one of the most durable materials that can be used in homes.

Tyrone Speelman