Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree

This year we finally retired our old Christmas tree. Chris and I bought it our first Christmas we were married, and it held a lot of sentimental value, but, alas, it was time to move on. Our new house has huge vaulted ceilings, so I've been wishing for a nice TALL tree. The tallest I could find was a 9 footer (I'm sure there are taller trees somewhere, just not in Hawaii). Chris had to bring in the ladder to decorate the top and put the star on. It was a fun family night of decorating.

7 comments:

Parks' Place said...

WOW that is a TALL tree. I love it! I love that Jake always wants to get a real tree, I never had one growing up.

~ Joy ~ said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

And the tree looks amazing, too!

Rachel said...

Your tree looks so pretty! And your house does too!

Becky said...

That would be the perfect tree in our home. This is the last year for ours, too. Next year we are going real and much taller and thinner. right now ours is about 8 foot tall and very very wide...it takes up way too much space.

Mills Family said...

I can't imagine decorating a tree taller than 9 feet. That is a great way to get the husband involved in the tree decorating experience. Beautiful tree and manger scene. Love it! Miss you.

Heather said...

Gorgeous!!! Ryan promised me that our tree would be left on the curb after Christmas this year so that we could get either a real tree or a new pre-lit fake tree next year.

Andrea said...

That is one beautifully tall tree! You look so cute prego!!