Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Chris!

Here we go! March is a crazy busy birthday month for our family, and Chris' is the kick-off. OK, so I admit, I love to celebrate birthdays. And any of you that know my husband AT ALL, know that he DOESN'T. Every year I try to strike a balance to satisfy my itch to go overboard, while trying not to tick him off. I felt like this year was a good balance, even though Chris might think otherwise. I brought in a singing balloon bouquet (just a little overboard) and cake to his work. When he got home we all went to Chuck's at Ko'Olina for dinner. Even though the food isn't my favorite, the atmosphere is. We love the sun setting over the ocean, the beautiful grounds, and the completely open restaurant to enjoy it all. When we got home we opened presents and ate cake. And, to show how good I am, I didn't even buy another cake; we just had whatever was left over from his work. I didn't even have the kids sing to him, and definitely no candles. Only two presents...well actually three. First, a guidebook to the Big Island since we will be going there for Spring Break in two weeks. Can't wait!
Second, a new pair of swim trunks, since he might need them to go PARASAILING with his dad! His dad will be here in Hawaii for his birthday too, so this will be their combined present. (I really hope Dad won't read this before he gets here, so if any of you happen to talk to him before his birthday, please don't mention it :)I think Chris enjoyed his birthday. Happy 36th babe. I'm already thinking of next year...suprise party...streamers...live band...3 tier cake with sparklers on top...about 100 people. Get ready!

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

You went all out! 8) Gordon is like Chris and likes birthdays to be kept on the down-low. Way to spoil him. I think he secretly LOVES it! 8) What fun presents.

Rachel said...

Hey he's smiling in the pictures so that means you did good! Happy Birthday to Chris.

Clore said...

you are such a great wife!!!!! Thanks for taking care of my brother!