Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Dental Corps.

March is such a crazy month for birthdays in our family, and as it turns out, we get to celebrate another birthday for Chris' job. The U.S. Army Dental Corps. turned 99 years old yesterday, and in celebration, held a ball. Usually Chris and I avoid these formals. Not only do they get expensive, but with being LDS, it is next to impossible to find a formal gown for me to wear. This year, we talked about going, but were still pretty much undecided until Chris bought the tickets on a whim.
I think getting ready for the evening was the fun part. I felt a little like Cinderella. I got a dress, matching shoes, jewlery, got my hair done in an up-do, and even splurged for getting my make-up done (which was a wasted effort in my opinion). The ball was held in Waikiki at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. What a beautiful venue. As we were arriving we were treated to a gorgeous double rainbow, then after signing in, we watched the sun set from the lanai. Here we are with Diamond Head in the background.After dinner, Belly Dancers were brought in for entertainment. Honestly, it was a little weird, but whatever.
Thank goodness for some friends, Steve and Amber Jensen. They were the only people I knew there. We sat at the same table so we were able to chat and catch up on our families and mutal friends.
It was a fun night, but I couldn't wait to get home. My feet were killing me, my up-do was giving me a migrane and I was anxious to get back home and see how the kiddos did (it was our first time leaving Masen with a baby-sitter).

3 comments:

Lewis Family said...

I'm guessing the men were in charge of planning the entertainment? You look beautiful Lynn. :)

Rachel said...

I love your dress, and echo that you do look beautiful! And what a milestone leaving Masen for the first time!

Betsy said...

Lynn I'm glad you and Chris had fun and both of you made such a hit at the ball. Love Mom