Friday, July 9, 2010

Waimea Falls

One of our favorite places to go on the island is Waimea Valley where you can walk to a waterfall. It's only about a mile, and the path is paved, so I don't consider it a "hike." It's such a beautiful stroll, I knew my mom would love it. Taking a break - not from the "hike" but to stop and enjoy the scenery.
There were a lot of people swimming in the pool below the falls. It looked like fun, but we were not prepared to swim.
On our walk back down the downpour started. Chris had teased me about bringing an umbrella when we started, but when we got stuck in the rain, guess who was laughing?

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

One of our favorite places to visit as well. We had the season pass and visited frequently. They have a game area where kids can play some of the ancient Hawaiian games. It is on the right about 1/2 way up to the waterfall. Mom and I got caught in the rain when we went there too. We weren't prepared like you were. How funny!