Friday, July 9, 2010

Proud to be an American

Since the 4th of July fell on a Sunday this year, we started out the celebration on Saturday morning. Our ward does a cute bike parade for the kids, then a potluck breakfast. Corynn was so excited to get up and decorate her bike, but Dallin on the other hand was too tired to get up at 7 a.m. I guess he is enjoying too many late nights during this summer break. Here is my mom and I waiting for the parade to start. Brother Magaoay made a wonderful Uncle Sam as he led the parade. The kids made a couple of loops around the parking lot while some patriotic music was being played. So cute.We made a birthday cake for America. Nothing too exciting, but the kids love doing stuff like that.We had a fun 3rd of July, so it kind of made up for a boring 4th. Since it fell on a Sunday, Chris felt like we needed to uphold our standards to keep the Sabbath day holy. I admit I kinda wanted to go down to Waikiki and watch the fireworks over the ocean along with the rest of the island. Instead we got out the binoculars and watched the fireworks from our upper lanai.

I am so proud to be an American. I am proud of Chris' commitment and service to the Army, and our country. I am grateful for our founding father's who, with God's help, established this great nation. Let freedom ring!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

Cute cake! Loved Corynne's bike! Looks like you had a wonderful fourth!