Thursday, December 16, 2010

Kaneohe Bay

We were so excited to take Grandma and Grandpa boating in Kaneohe Bay. It was a beautiful day, and we had a blast.
Chris took us out to the sand bar and anchored the boat. We had brought a kayak and a paddle board to help pass the time.
Look at these two studs :)
One thing we learned about a paddle board; they are a lot harder than it looks...especially when it is windy. We all took a turn, and some of us did better than others. Here is Corynn giving it a whirl. She was probably the best at it.

Here's a funny story. At one point Mom and I wanted to take a turn in the kayak. I hadn't been in the water yet, and was a little hesitant about the cold. I sat on the edge of the boat with just my feet in the water, and was planning on just taking the plunge. Well, as I scooted in, my shorts caught on a nail so the rest of my body went in, while my bum was hanging in the air. Here I was hanging upside down by my shorts, with my head and legs underwater. Chris and Mom just looked at me for a second wondering what in the heck I was doing. It took a minute for Chris to realize I might need help before I drown. We laughed so hard. I wish I had it on camera.
Here is Masen and I snuggling after my near-death-experience.
After a while we decided to take the boat over where there is more coral so we could snorkel. Poor Chris cut up his leg on the coral while anchoring the boat. It's a good thing it was too shallow for sharks :) 
Here is Dad and Chris snorkeling. I don't think there was a whole lot to see under the water, but the view above them was fabulous.
This is how Masen naps on a boat. All tuckered out after a long day. 
After we turned in the boat we drove over to the beach on the Marine base. There were some decent waves, so we watched some surfers, and played in the sand.




Masen's shirt says it all...
Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a fun filled day.

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

So funny Lynn. I am so glad you didn't drown. Mom called me and told me about how much fun this was and about you getting caught on the nail.She was laughing so hard I couldn't understand it all. Looks so beautiful!

Heather said...

Hilarious! Did your shorts survive the experience? I can just see you hanging upside down. . .
What fun memories your family will always have of your military life, seriously, what an amazing way to spend a few years of life.

Brian and Becky said...

Wow, I can't believe how often your in-laws have been there! I'd love a turn to see your normal, not-exciting life! :D