Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mele Kalikimaka ~ 2010

We loved having Grandma and Grandpa spend Christmas with us. The kids didn't wake up too early, and we took our time opening presents. Masen was so fun to watch this year and he exclaimed, "Wow," to everything.
 The first present opened was Masen's Trike. He LOVED it. Grandpa was kind enough to put it together for him. Once he got on, it was hard to get him off. He was so adorable.
 While cooking Belgium waffles for my in-laws the week before Christmas, my waffle iron died. My husband, who happens to really like it when I make waffles, got me a new, double sided, flip iron. I LOVE it! It makes the fluffiest, yummiest waffles ever.
 Chris' parents got him this coonskin (?) cap. They figured he might need it when we get to Colorado. It doesn't get much use in Hawaii, but I'm sure he will wear it proudly in the snow. 

Yay for new roller-blades!
At our house, we only allow the children to ask Santa for one present. Santa usually brings the ONE thing they REALLY want. This year Santa brought...
Laptops (or more specifically netbooks)! Dallin had been asking for one ALL month. He told us he was so sick of having to wait for the computer all the time to do homework, or play his little games. He really wanted his OWN, portable laptop. They were so excited!
We helped Mom with her collection of the Willow Tree Nativity set.
Chris was so excited to get his dad this special present. It is a flag that was flown over Pearl Harbor on December 7, 2010, the 69th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.
This was my favorite present. My mom spent countless hours making me this gorgeous tree skirt. I absolutely love it. I know it was a labor of love, which makes it even more sentimental. Thanks, Mom!
We enjoyed such a fun morning of opening presents, playing with our new toys, and spending time with one another. We loved chatting with all our loved ones throughout the day. It really was a privilege to have Mom and Dad join us in our celebration.  

No comments: