Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hiking Diamond Head

On "Black Friday" instead of shopping we decided to burn off some of that Thanksgiving dinner by hiking up to Diamond Head, an inactive volcano on the southern end of Oahu. I thought it was a strenuous hike, but then again, I'm nearly 6 months pregnant.The stairs at the end were a killer (literally, Chris had to push me up the last flight), but the views at the top were worth it.

After the hike we indulged in some shaved ice. It was great after accomplishing such a feat!

7 comments:

Clore said...

Looks like you are having a blast!!!! Cute tummy!! Hows little guy doing?? Does he kick a lot??? I am glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

Brian and Becky said...

Man are you looking pregnant! Wish I was there! I'm gonna get your package off tomorrow I hope. :)

Mills Family said...

My mouth is drooling. I missed the Hawaiian shaved ice with the ice cream on the bottom! Looks like a blast. You are a trooper to make it to the top 6 months pregos! Way to go.

Becky said...

I never got to hike that one...and that shave ice looks good. Eric and I had no idea what they meant when they asked us if we wanted it "with bean". We were thinking jelly beans at the bottom or something. Ha! It was definitely a new experience.

Heather said...

Never made it to Diamond Head, I think we'll add that to the list of "to-do's" when we get there again.

Rachel said...

I love the picture of your cute belly. Everything you are doing looks so fun!

Andrea said...

You look so cute pregnant! That shaved ice looks very yummy and refreshing!