Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hook, Line, and Sinker

Corynn, being the little tom-boy she is, has been begging to go fishing for years. Since neither me nor Chris fish, I was able to recruit my brother Jeff to take her and Dallin before we left to go home to Hawaii. I remember as a kid my dad took me fishing a couple of times. I liked it OK, but I hated cleaning it and eating it. Corynn and Dallin happily promised that they would help clean and eat it. Corynn caught her fish pretty early on, but after about an hour Dallin still hadn't caught anything. Just as we were about to pack up to leave, Dallin finally go a bite. Thanks goodness! Here they are with their spoils. They kept their promise, and were so excited to eat their own fish! The whole time, the only thing going through my mind was, "Yuck." I'm glad they enjoyed it though.

4 comments:

Clore said...

I am impressed they ate it!! I only liked catching them:-)

Rachel said...

What a good mommy you are to get someone to take the kids fishing. I just say skip it...mostly because I won't cook it for them! LOL

Parks' Place said...

Fresh fish is the best! Jake is hoping that Lydia will turn into a good fishing pal...since I'm not!

Andrea said...

Go Dallin and Corynn! That is so neat that they both caught their own fish.
It was so good to see you, I wish you weren't so far away. Your little Mason is such a cutie. I couldn't believe how fast Corynn and Dallin have grown, it doesn't seem like you guys have been gone very long but it has been over a year, what almost two?? I know this is so cliche to say, but time really does fly:)