Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lambert Family Reunion 2009

This year Chris' family held their family reunion in a cabin in Big Cotton Wood Canyon. What fun we had with all 7 Lambert siblings, along with their spouses and kids (17 kids in all, 3 of them babies), and Mom and Dad. Chris calls it kid fest 2009 :) These pictures are in no particular order. Here I am getting our room set up for our 5 day stay.One night we had a Family Talent Show around the fire-pit. We enjoyed such talents as Mom's horse impression, Kayden's amazing musical talents, Ryan's bobcat impression, Corynn and Dallin's Ohana song, and many other wondrous delights. There was a lot of goofing around and laughter. I think we need to make this an annual tradition.The kids had so much fun playing with all their cousins. Between the hot tub, ping-pong table, pool table, and the great outdoors, there was never a dull moment. Here is Corynn and Dallin with their cousin John.
The hot tub (or hot pool as we called it) was a big hit with the kids. From left to right is Sara, Dallin, John, Corynn and Brendon, with Emily (I think) hiding behind Corynn.
One day we all took a walk around Silver Lake. It was a gorgeous day, with beautiful scenery. I think we took about a hundred pictures just in the couple hours we spent there.
One day was spent up at Snowbird Ski Resort. We all rode the Aerial Tram to the top of the mountain. It was COLD, and there was SNOW! In July! All the kids had a snowball fight, until Uncle Chris broke it up, with the fear of someone getting hurt. "Every party has a pooper, and that's why they invited Chris."After we came down from the mountain, some of the kids went mining for gold, at one of the activities offered at the resort. I'm not sure exactly what was found, but we called them "treasures".
Ok, I made Chris snap this picture, even though he thought it was indecent. This is my niece Jordyn giving Emily a piggy back ride. How cute! I think this is my favorite picture of my whole summer vacation!

5 comments:

Brian and Becky said...

Holy cow, did you all rent that cabin or it is somebody's that you know? How stinking fun!! I'm glad you make your pics nice and big too, I hate trying to look at little pictures on people's blogs.

Mills Family said...

Lynn what fun pictures! I love the one of Emily posing as a plumber. So funny. We do need to make it an annual tradition.

Lewis Family said...

Looks like a blast!!! Sad I just missed you in UTAH.

ColeFamily said...

Thanks for posting. I realize I need to do better at taking pictures :) It was such a fun time. Start saving for next year! Love ya!

Heather said...

I can't believe there was that much snow still at Snnowbird. It is fun to see pictures of your mom too. What cute family