Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Day Spent With Friends

On our last day in Colorado Springs the Strattons came down to spend the day with us. We ended up a the Cliff Dwellings Museum, which was pretty cool. It was a series of homes/caves that had been built into the mountainside by Indians. It was a very "hands on" experience for the kiddos, who had fun climbing, running, and exploring.
This is the museum and gift shop, which was even more expansive than the homes/caves. I think I got lost in there once or twice.After the museum, we drove down to the Garden of the Gods area. It was just as majestic the second time. We walked around, took pictures, and let the kids get out all their energy. Here's a picture of the kids being their silly selves!
We had a blast with these friends. Living close to them would be just one more perk of moving to Colorado Springs.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun. I think I have been there before when I was a child.